Our Mission and Vision
Covenant and Mission
Our Covenant is a promise members make to one another when joining the Congregation. It governs how we will treat one another and our obligations to the Congregation.
We the people of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lakeland, in our effort to promote the true spirit of our guiding principles, hereby commit our lives and resources with the following covenant:
- I will, with patience and understanding, treat all others with kindness and respect.
- I will be sensitive to the needs of others, treat them with civility, and honor their confidentiality.
- I will promote a harmonious spirit and a truly welcoming congregation by my personal caring and positive attitude.
- I will promote democracy by speaking with candor, respecting the right to dissent, seeking consensus, and honoring the will of the majority.
- I will seek to possess an open mind and a respect for views different from my own.
- I will support our congregation by volunteering my time and fulfilling my commitments.
Our Mission Statement expresses the Congregation’s view of its role in promoting UU values to our community.
UNITING IN DIVERSITY, ADVOCATING FOR LOVE AND JUSTICE