Ponderings of the Spiritual Life Director
As the season winds down and we prepare for the new year, I’d like to take time to reflect on all of our accomplishments over the past six months. We’ve come so far and my heart is so full of love and appreciation for you all!
I’m starting a list here and I’m going to post it on my board in the hallway. I want for it to be collaborative, as all of our successes as a community have come to fruition because we’ve done it together. So, please add to the list in the hallway so we can discover more of the wonderful things we’ve made happen!
● The children and youth have better integrated into our community by worshiping with us and developing their religious and spiritual selves in the Meditative Maker’s Corner. Our village is growing!
● Incorporating monthly themes deepens our worship and programming experiences.
● Incorporating the talents and insights of UUCL members and friends in worship services has deepened our spiritual experiences.
● Our hard work has beautified our buildings and grounds.
● Our Social Justice Committee is working hard leading us in a direction that will change our community.
● We started a drum circle and a game night.
● We’ve revitalized our mission statement and are getting ready to write a new one.
● We’ve listened more deeply to one another.
● We’ve covenanted with one another.
● …you fill in the blank!
I can’t wait to hear from all of you about what successes and accomplishments fill your heart with joy. And most of all, I can’t wait to see what else we can do!